- BA (English Studies, University of the Basque Country, Spain – Kingston University, UK)
- MA (English-Spanish Specialized Translation, University of Deusto, Spain)
Before joining HKU in 2013, Mr. Juaristi taught Spanish for more than 7 years in the People’s Republic of China, first as a secondary school teacher at the Shenzhen Foreign Languages School (PRC) from 2006 to 2009, and later as a Spanish Lecturer at the Tianjin Foreign Studies University (PRC) from 2009 to 2013. He is also an accredited examiner for the DELE exams (the Spanish official proficiency exams, issued by the Instituto Cervantes).
His research interests include subjects such as Spanish language teaching within the Chinese context, design and creation of Spanish teaching materials, the use of graphic resources in language teaching, Hispanic cultural studies and popular culture studies.
Teaching responsibilities (2017-2018)
Conference papers and publications
- 2012 ¡Excusas a mí!, winner of the 1st “Tinta China” Contest of Didactic Units arranged by the Embassy of Spain in Beijing and published in Tinta China Didáctica #3 magazine.
- http://www.mecd.gob.es/china/dms/consejerias-exteriores/china/publicaciones-ymateriales/ materiales-didacticos/Excusas-a-mi-UNIDAD- DIDACTICA/Excusas%20a%20mi% 20UNIDAD %20DIDACTICA.pdf
- 2011 Cosas de España: conocer una cultura a través de sus objetos, article and workshop given within the II Congress of Spanish as a Foreign Language in Asia-Pacific (II CE/LEAP), held in Manila, Philippines. http://www.celeap.com/t3-martiacuten-juaristi-1415-1515.html
- 2010 El dibujo como herramienta de ELE, article and workshop given within the III Conference of Spanish as a Foreign Language in China held in Beijing, China. http://www.sinoele.org/ images/Revista/3/iiijornadasT_Juaristi.pdf
- 2009 Materiales complementarios en la enseñanza de E/LE para adolescentes, article and workshop given within the II Congress of Spanish as a Foreign Language in Asia-Pacific (II CE/LEAP), held in Manila, Philippines. http://cvc.cervantes.es/ensenanza/ biblioteca_ele/ publicaciones_centros/pdf/manila_2009/ 20_a plicaciones_07.pdf
Contact details:School of Modern Languages and Cultures
522, 5/F, Run Run Shaw Tower
The University of Hong Kong
Pokfulam Road, Hong Kong
Tel. (+852) 3917 7172